Monday, October 13, 2014

Australian Scrapbook Ideas Issue #29

 So very amazed and honoured to have an 4 layout article in this months current issue of Australian Scrapbooking Ideas Issue#29
and even more humbled by having one of my layouts chosen for cover!
When Sue approached me about doing the article (Paper Play) I initially thought.. oh.. I think she must have the wrong Sandra lol.
I was very excited when she gave me my task... creating embellishments from paper.
My first layout was Cherish these Moments.
A layout of my step daughter Kimberley and her husband Paul on their wedding day, creating your own flowers from left over paper.. and there is also a great tip on how I created that bow in the magazine (I can't tie a bow.. no matter how hard I try... and this tip is sooo easy!!)

My second layout is
Embrace
 
Using quilling. :-)
 
Third layout is of my grandson Benji.

I used the Scrappy Chat Designs
Cheeky Smiles kit

and I used left over papers to create the bead banner..
(how to in the magazine :-))
 
 


 
and my last layout was using lots and lots of tearaway barcode strips and strips of pp from the Scrappy Chat Designs
Snap Shots kit
to create a woven background for "Perfect"
This was such a FUN layout to create.
Again.. all the how to's and step by steps are in the magazine.

A big THANK YOU to Sue Smythe for giving me the opportunity and for encouraging me behind the scenes.
At first this all seemed daunting.. but Sue made it a lot of fun and I am so proud of the article (due to Sue's amazing editing skills I may add lol)
 
Thanks for sticking to the end of the post...
And as always.. thank you for stopping by xx
 

7 comments:

sue smyth said...

your wonderful work shone through, that is why you made the cover, love those paper beads!!!

Lizzyc said...

Well done Sandra, these look wonderful!

Lizzy Hill said...

Good on you! The LOs looks STUNNING....all so different! And the cover ROCKS....congratulations:):)

Helen Wallace said...

Big congratulations Sandra....your work is stunning and so deserving of being on the cover as well as inside the magazine. How exciting :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Congratulations! Your layouts are awesome! Well deserved!! :D

Paula said...

All gorgeous layouts! Congrats on the cover...so exciting!

SueP said...

Great pages Sandra!! Those beads on the Benji page remind me of times I use to make necklaces of them, add little beads and sell at craft fairs!!...many moons ago!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...