Thursday, May 8, 2014

Daughter of my Heart .. WW1 Gold

The colour for the White with One challenge this month is Gold

Oh my! I had so much fun with this colour.
In the beginning I was a bit .. oh dear... but when I took this photo at the wedding of my step daughter at her wedding early in April.. I just KNEW that it was for my Gold layout.

I went to my trusty wallpaper sample books and Eureka! I struck gold.

Then I had trouble finding a title.

My step daughter is dear to me.. and I wanted something with more meaning than a generic "beautiful" or "This Moment" etc title.
if you know what I mean.
Then it came to me during the night.
She may not be my daughter by birth..
but she is the "Daughter of my Heart"
So here is the layout..
My step daughter with her father (my husband)
such a happy and proud moment for all of us.
 
Hope you play along with WW1 this month. it truly is a fun colour to play with. :-)


3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

OK, so much to comment on. First. I did a really LITTLE eye roll at your Eureka Punning....2nd, IKWYM with step daughters....BRILL title....3rd, betcha the age diff between you & your DH isn't as much as between me & mine;) 4th....WALLPAPER samples?? BRILL idea....5th...those clusters are TOTALLY DELISH...whew! You can stop reading now.....oh,& yes....striking gold? I think you got the MOTHER LOAD....sorry!!!

Zeneva Kovic said...

This is SO beautiful! You have mixed the gold with the white to perfection. Just stunning!

chilli pip said...

What a beautiful layout. Love the gold, love the title(very clever) and love the photo. I am sure your step-daughter loves it as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...