Saturday, August 17, 2013

Radiance


It seems that whenever I find myself short of mojo the WW1  challenges seem to help me find a spark of an idea and I go from there.
This month the challenge is White +Pastels + Masking.


and the masking is there.. see?

I couldn't find any pastel misting, or paints and and I don't own any chalks.. so I went with colour pencils... it took me back to school... all those backgrounds in drawings where we just lightly brushed it over with our pencils.

There was also another reason for using the pencils and the blue and apricot colours.. the day I took this photo the sky was a gorgeous hue of blues, pinks and apricot.. but the photo didn't do it any justice.. so I re-created the sky to help me remember.
Teagan and I had a lot of fun this day.
She really does brighten all my days.
:-)
Quote by Kobi Yamada


8 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

What a stunning photo. Love the quote and the subtle colours...beautiful page.

Janice Nicholls said...

Gorgeous page Sandra, and a gorgeous young lady.... thanks for playing along at WW1. xx

Jasmine S said...

I love it. The photo is just beautiful and I love your details.

Chantalle said...

Love the effect of the coloured pencils and the stencil. Your girl is indeed, totally radiant!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome layout!!!!!!!

Charmane said...

I love how you've masked with pencils - awesome idea! Thanks for playing along over at the Cybercrop! xo Charm

Cheryl Obrien said...

simply divine!!

Leonie Waldron said...

Sandra what a gorgeous photo, she look so full of joy :) Love your layout, thanks for joining in at Ww1!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...