Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Julia

I feel a bit sad/disappointed/curious whenever I see this photo.
All I know about Julia is that she is my husbands great grandmother.
Her name is Julia and she was his Mother's father's Mother.
lol...did that make sense?
It is a bit sad that all that we know about her is her name.
I would LOVE to know more about her story..but unfortunately there isn't anyone alive today who knows it.
This is why I love scrapping these old photos...if DH's mother had trouble remembering her name, how on earth are her grandchildren going to know it??
At least Julia's great great grandchildren know her name and hopefully their children will too.
And Julia hasn't been totally forgotten.
Using the new Kaisercraft Madame Boutique range.
Thanks for stopping by...and don't forget to join us for the Twiddleybitz blog hop.
(details in the post below.!)
Should be a lot of fun.
xx

5 comments:

Trish.S said...

Hey that's great, I love what you have been able to achieve with those papers. Just brilliant.... typically ..

SueP said...

Just so beautiful Sandra!! Love that old photo....and your story is just a reminder to us to label our photos- names, dates & occasions. I know i forget to do this too!!

Anonymous said...

Well Done Sandra this looks fabulous. Love all the layering and dimension. Great use of the pack of bits & pieces. Tracey xx

RosA said...

That's just gorgeous! Love the subtle colours you have used!

Kerryn said...

How perfect are those papers with that photo! Fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...