Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sampson



This is the "reveal" of the sneak peak which I posted a few posts ago.

The photo is of Sampson.
We had to put Samspon down a few years ago, and I still miss him dearly.
He was 16 and probably my best friend.
He was always there for me, always.  He seemed to know when I was feeling down, he would come and put his head on my lap or sit close by.
I still harbour guilt issues about putting him down. Silly I know, he was old and unwell and it was for the best, but yet, they are still there.
The vet came to our house. I wanted Sampson to go to sleep in his beloved basket when the time came and the vet was so compassionate about it all. I held Sampsons paw the whole time and assisted the vet. It was the most hardest, heartbreaking and gut wrenching thing I have ever had to do and I cried the whole time. 
But I felt I owed it to him, for all those years of loyalty and friendship. If you know what I mean??
And to this day I hope and pray he understood why.

This poem has always helped put my mind at ease a little.

He was your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You were his life, his love, his leader.
He was yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owed it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                         Author Unknown.


Missing you Sampson
xx


7 comments:

Jasmine S said...

The frame looks absolutely stunning and I just love that pic of Sampson (which is a super cool name for a dog too). Sadly we had to do the same thing for our German Shepherd a few years ago and yep, one of the hardest things to do. We recently bought a Labrador and wooooooaaa, I had forgotten how hard and busy puppy stage is. I just remember our placid old Ebony who was gentle and calm......

:) Tiff said...

he was a lovely old man. I used to look for him when I delivered your mail. He was always there with a tail wag and looking for a pat. He still has the biggest loudest bark for a dog his size!!

Trish.S said...

Sheesh ya made me cry!!! He was adorable, I remember him coming over and putting his head on my lap or the chair that I normally sit on. He was a funny old thing, and I miss him too. xx

Kerryn said...

oh my gosh this is stunning! And what a fabulous way to treasure the memory of your special boy.

Marcy Smith said...

awesome amazing work and awww so sweet!! :)

Binxcat1 said...

you made me cry and I didn't even meet him... and you know what... I reckon he not only understood... but thanked you...

Cassandra said...

I know what you mean Sandra. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes reading your blogpost. I dread the day I have to do the same as you. Not a easy decision at all. You will meet him again one day.

Gorgeous work too! *hugz*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...