Saturday, January 29, 2011

Escape 2 Create challenge (s)

After reading an article in the current Creating Keepsakes where they challenged you to try a different style and go out of you comfort zone, I thought of a graphic or clean and simple style.
I thought of using Sue's Sketch over at Escape2Create and in the end the layout incorporated more than one of their challenges! ( box challenge..the colour orange, stamp on vintage book paper and date for a title, the colour grey, blackboard, and scrabble pieces)
If you are ever short of mojo or ideas I recommend having a peek at their challenges...!

Normally my style is probably best described as 'random'!
(all over the place!! lol)
I do find clean and simple/ linear/ or graphic styles very difficult and have great respect for those that can achieve it.
I find getting the right balance difficult.
It's much easier to have a 'random' style..if it looks unbalanced you just 'whack' another flower there! lol

I find boy layouts difficult also (bit hard to 'whack another flower' there when its a boys layout.)
I found the Twiddleybitz gears and cogs PERFECT!!
I did print out the journalling but it was all a little toooooo graphic for me.. I had to 'mess it up' a little..so that is where the blackboard challenge was just perfect also.
It just all seemed to fall into place.
But I think I will stick to random layouts...much easier to photograph!! this one looks wonky, but it is straight I promise!! lol

sorry if that all didn't make sense, it is over 40 degrees here and I have had a couple of ciders to help contend with the heat.... (my husband doesn't call me 'Cadbury's for nothing...a glass and a half and I'm gone...and I am over my quota!! lol)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I cant do random or vintage AT ALL! You clever girl getting all those challenges in AND it looks great!!!
Karen D :)

:) Tiff said...

this is great and completely different for you. whenever I see Mr R and orange I always think of him in orange jumpers. (and yep, its easy to see from a distance with that colour). its is signature colour!!

Jessemiah said...

You nailed it!! I love it.....gosh what a hard style to try out! I'm a way to "messy" scrapper to even attempt anything clean and simple lol....Love and Peace xox

Jasmine S said...

This looks fabbo. Love that blackboard square, the letters and the papers are all great. The pics, well they look unreal.

Gina B said...

You did a great job Sandra! Well Done!!!!!

Kerryn said...

Ciders, cadbury... oh it's bringing back bad high school memories LOL.

Don't you love it when things just fall into place. I love the blackboard on this page, it just works!

janice said...

yes very linear for you but it looks great Sandra.
Clever idea to do the blackboard.

Leanne said...

LOL.. and i am so with you on having heaps of trouble with clean lines and straight... i suck at straight ... give me random any time of the day...
happy days..love the blackboard and super coolio photos....
:}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...