Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanks for Hopping by!!

Hello and welcome to my leg of the Twiddleybitz Christmas
 Blog Hop!!
I hope you have enjoyed the hop so far,  so much inspiration!!!

I must admit to having a bit of performance anxiety after seeing the girls amazing creations so far!
This is the first time I have ever participated in a bloghop and I am quite excited (and nervous!!)

I would really like to take this opportunity to thank the super generous Nic, Andrew and especially Tiff (for throwing my name into the ring, her support and her friendship)  for inviting me to be part of this seriously amazing design team. I'm still pinching myself!

Also thank you to the other DT members who have made me feel so welcome.
You continue to leave me in awe girls and I feel privileged to be part of such an amazing group of ladies.

I have loved every minute of it so far and I have only just begun!
The ning is so much fun, full of positive, happy people and I really encourage anyone to come along and join in  the fun there... lots of laughs in the chat room (don't forget your Tenas ladies), interesting discussions in the forum , stunning, gorgeous, inspiring work in the gallery and positive feedback in the comments.

If you have just happened on my blog and wondered what the hop is all about or want to start from the beginning (the posts so far have been brilliant and I highly recommend you do!!) then head off to the Twiddleybitz ning site  you'll find all the details there.
and maybe stop, browse and chat awhile  ;-) 

Well onto what I have for on my leg of  the hop.
I hope you like it.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Oops!
How did he get there??
Mmmmmmmmm
sigh
mmmmmm
*
*
*
Sorry??
what was that??
Oh yes!!
Sorry I was supposed to be showing you
what I have made wasn't I???
 *
*
*
;-)


Firstly my fantasy frame
please click on the photos for a closer look!

I painted it several times (as I changed my mind so many times!)
I settled on painting it gold then a layer of antique white.
Now, crackling medium and I haven't had a very happy relationship in the
past, so instead I 'attacked' it with my heat gun until the paint bubbled and then
gently sanded it back to reveal the gold paint underneath.
And I did a bit of beeswaxing on the ATC card...so cool!! (yes Gina ....cooool  !!!)





Next is a layout using the Twiddleybitz Xmas Tinsel Border
and Hearts

I covered the flourish with music paper
( yes I am quite mad obviously didn't learn from Ann-Marie's post!!)
 and then covered it with dimensional magic
 and a bit of ink over the top.
I also covered the heart with music paper, vintage image and then beeswaxed it.
The photo is of myself with my little brother and my Grandmother way back in the early 70's




Next a few cards to share using the Christmas 6 pieces pack

I sent some of my friends a text asking them to pick a colour, (hence the different colours schemes)
I painted the pieces and then 'cooked' it with my heat gun...which gave it a really lovely aged look.
Then a swipe ink on the edges, added a few charms and they were ready to go.












And what's a bloghop with out a prize?
I have a RAK  here just waiting for a new home.


All you have to do is leave a comment on this post and you are in the draw.
I will draw out the winner early next week.
I will send ANYWHERE in the world so Everyone is eligible.

So are you ready to go onto the next blog??
The next DT member is the super talented Tracey Henly
I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

I hope you and your family all have a safe and happy Christmas
and hopefully, like The Hoff, you'll have some Twiddleybitz in your stocking!





See you on the rest of the hop!!
and Thanks for Hopping by


MERRY CHRISTMAS and  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
xx






32 comments:

Meredith said...

Sandra I really love the fantasy frame and the cards!! The frame is stunning and would look so wonderful hung at Christmas time! And the layout is beautiful too - lovely memories for you to have!

Love the Hugh Jackman photos too - I have liked him for ages!! LOL

Samantha Hauzer said...

Oh yum! Love that first photo! Absolutely LOVE your projects, they are stunning!

:) Tiff said...

you have photographed them all so well. gorgeous creations.... esp the purple card :O)

I am really enjoying your confidence to try something a bit adventurous (cooking paint- you master chef you) and wonder what you will come up with next.

mwah and in awe.
t

Gina B said...

What else can I say but they are all so coooool!!!!! Im just love them all, its hard to pick a favourite. You are just amazing!!!! Thanks for the eye candy- Hugh, just what we all want for christmas!!!!! And when it comes to the Hoff all I can say is OH SANDRA!!!! You SICKO!!!!!

Teresa said...

Mmmmmm...Hugh.....I sure like to twiddle his bits LOL
Your fantasy shadow box is amazing! And the cards are simply brilliant. TFS.

Melanie said...

Absolutely love the colour scheme of your frame so much I am going o knick it! :) hehe - for one of my teachers presents and please tell Hugh to drop by my place too whilst he is hopping :) xx

Rachel said...

Sandra, I'm drooling... it's all sooo gorgeous! Personally, I would have put Hugh in that fantasy frame, but Santa's pretty cool too! Love the idea of "cooking" paint & using your heat gun for the crackle effect, might have to try that!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & your family too! xx

ann said...

I soooooo adore your fantasy frame and all your work is amazing.

Kerryn said...

Wow Sandra!!! These are amazing!!!!

Kerri said...

Love your blog and your gorgeous work Sandra!
The xmas cards are excellent and as a newbie it is great inspiration!
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful "silly season!" x

Anonymous said...

Sandra, what a sense of humour you have, you are sooooo funny, ohh and i love the twiddleybitz too
Keep up the fantastic work
Nic and Andrew

Chloe :-) said...

Fab inspiration here!! I just love those gorgeous cards :-)

Kathryn D said...

Hi Sandra, just thought I'd have a quick look to see what this blog hopping was all about. I love the cards you have made, just gorgeous. Keep having fun girl!!

gypsylcm said...

Beautiful inspirational creations!!!

Wendy Smith said...

absolutely love how that frame turned out with the gold and white paint...awesome...so shabby chic.

Kerry said...

What a wonderful sense of humour you have!! I haven't had such a good laaauugh in ages!!! Oh...but i'm supposed to be commenting on your creations **blushing** sorry about that! They are gorgeous and that fantasy frame is divine! Now I'm heading back to Hugh....

Lisa K said...

Seriously - any blog hop with a touch of Hugh wins my vote!!
Can I get one for Christmas?
and those cards are wicked - I love them!!!

tracey henly said...

Oh Sandra, you didn't let me down in my blurb i said you would be sure to supply some laughs. Oh hang on i didn'y get past hugh to look at your projects LOL. Gorgeous all of them and you certainly gave us a lot of eye candy to look at.

maryanne said...

bounce, bounce,bounce....Im hopping in , did you feel the tremors....
firstly, oh my!! love the hugh.[but not the hoff]
secondly, love all the clever pieces youve created, just beautiful, especially the cards, I adore the red one[lol].
And your shadowbox is amazing.

Melx:) said...

All of your projects Sandra are just stunning especially your LO......quick question how did you scrap your first image to be sooo life like....yum...hehehehehehe!!!! Thanks for sharing I just love it allxx

Chookie said...

I just adore what you have done with the fantasy frame - thankyou so much for sharing how you did it.

janice said...

HI Sandra, Im back!!!!
Just love, love your shadow box.... (clever, clever girl) would love to have a go at doing a shadow box after seeing this.
Your creativity in the layout is just amazing....
And the cards sre just gorgeous especially the blue one... lol!!!
Thanks for sharing with us and for all your inspiration.

Merry Christmas xx

Trish.S said...

I loooove the green card!!!!! LOL and the hoff??? Now how are we sposed to sleep now....oh Hugh........thats how!!! Cor!!Love your work as always.

Tracy said...

Hey Sandra :)
WOW!!! What gorgeous creativeness you have happening here!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the technique you used on the fantasy frame, it looks awesome!!!
Your cards are divine, so pretty :)
And the layout is stunning!!!
Oh and I would love a bit of Hugh... LOL

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Tracy x

Mel Connell said...

You are Just the funniest little chick-a-doodle! I love you to bits! I also love all the delish goodies you have been creating! xxx

elpimpi said...

Great works! They looks awesome!!! I just love all the detalis!

Peg said...

OMG that little Santa frame is divine!
I love your other projects too, but he is simply divine!

Jenni Hodge said...

OMG - your work has made my heart melt! love the layout xxx your frame is definitely something I could have in my house and your cards are great!! Love how you use your twiddleybitz... and always are good for a chuckle. Well done honey-bun. Jen

beadz said...

I love all of your projects! They are right up my alley! That frame is just so gorgeous!
Gini

izunika said...

Beautiful inspirational creations, Hugs Iza

Binxcat1 said...

ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' AMAZING CHICK!!!!!!!
The frame is TO DIE FOR...
Those cards are total jaw droppers...
HUGH is too hot...
mmmm... but as for the Hoff... maybe not! ;) hhehehehehehhe

Jo Kinder said...

OM(F)G Sandra... I'm so glad I went before you, because after these it would be a hard job to match!!
love love love your cards - esp the crocheted one hehehe
You are a legend in my opinion and I am thrilled to be on the same team as you!!! Love you heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps .... and heaps hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...