Friday, September 24, 2010

lighthouse cake

This cake is for the XRoad camp this weekend.
LOL.
it is a bit wonky, bumpy and uneven....but I am hoping the kids like it.
It has a torch for the light and as you can see it works....unfortunately, my kids and DH have tried and tested it so often that it had sunk...I did put a piece of cardboard underneath, but as DH advised (AFTER the fact lol) that it might of paid to put a chock of wood under it.

I really enjoy making novelty cakes, here are just a few others I have made in the past. Nothing spectacular but they were a lot of fun to make.

oops sorry for the photo overload!!!

7 comments:

janice said...

The lighthouse looks fantastic Sandra. Im sure the kids will love it.
And the other cakes, you are very, very clever.

:) Tiff said...

wish i could bake a cake, let alone decorate one. I've had far too many failures and attempts.

top idea with the light.

Trish.S said...

The light house looks fantastic IRL, the extras look great Sands. hope you have a great time.....its very quiet here at home..

SueP said...

Great cakes Sandra!! The kids will demolish the lighthouse in no time i bet....and love it!!

maryanne said...

"nothing spectacular" my ass!!!
they bloody well are so!!

you are very clever !

Anonymous said...

Love the cakes, well done. Thanks again for the great class last night, I LOVE THE PAGE!!!!
Gina B

Natalie said...

WOW these are awesome Sandra. I make me kids cakes every year and I always looking for new ideas...THANK YOU!!! Hope you are well...hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...