Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Cheap B*tch

Oh! I bet that post title got your attention!
Just thought I would pop in and share another blog which I find inspirational.
I guarantee that after browsing this girls blog, going to the op shop or garage sales will never be the same again.
I reckon you could give this girl a rock from your backyard and she could find something crafty to make with it!!
Now I wasn't calling her names in my post title, that is actually the name of her blog.....love it!!! lol

So grab a coffee, have a browse in her blog  One Cheap B*tch  and then challenge yourself to go find something tucked away in your shed or local op shop and go create something!!!
I would LOVE  to see it if you do (or already have!) Leave a comment with a link to your blog and please share!

My scraproom is starting to fill up with all sorts of treasures waiting to be altered... These are 2 projects I will be tackling after the retreat.
Would you believe I found these chest of drawers at a garage sale for only ....wait for it......

.....$1 !!
 Well DH actually found it, he called me over at the sale and pointed it out...so all credit should go to him.. but he didn't expect me to clap my hands and then go all "When Harry met Sally"over it and actually want to BUY it!  hehe.
THEN we had to work out how to get it in the car and back home  (67kms away)
I LOVE IT! DH just shakes his head everytime he sees it :p
There are 4 drawers about 14" by 14" in size, perfect for my papers!
And just under the 1st drawer is a pull out work bench, cool huh? Now just to work out how I am going to alter it... any ideas?? Or should I just leave it as it is? With the state of my scrap room it fits in perfectly as it is, lol.
The case on top of it is another project, my neighbour was going to throw it out! Imagine that!!
This holds my stamps..so I am thinking of altering it using vintage papers and of course stamps!

Well that's my share for today.
I hope you and your families are well. Thanks for stopping by and take care of you!

7 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

Your blog title definitely caught my attention! Thank you for this! So sweet! =)

Melanie said...

now that is my kind of altering!!! Love them :) strip back the cupboard and cover with your favourite pp and modpodge to stick them to the wood!! :) like my mini cupboard out of G45 a few weeks ago!!! :)not long now!!

Marcy said...

So glad your title caught my eye...thankyou for the link its an awesome site and has heaps of time wasting links! LOL Love your "finds" I can Identify I have a shed full DH shakes with fear everytime I say " I feel like garage sailing today! :)
Oh the siutcase brought back memories my primary school bag was one like that but in burnt orange!!!RAOTFL

Mistra Hoolahan said...

Oooh I'm drooling over the old case on top of the drawers! Marcy, I have a big one in orange at home... :-)

Those drawers are fabulous though... I reckon rub them back a little more, get it even shabbier than they are now! What a find!!

Mis xo

maryanne r said...

what an absolute bargain sandra!
poor DH though, bet he regretted showing you, would have been a lot of eyerolling I reckon.

Sam said...

What a steal! Now, if you could just show us the after picture ... I love old furniture. Great find although I can well imagine your hubby thinks NOT. Men just cannot understand the need for more shabby chic storage. Have a great weekend.

Susanne Perry said...

What a fab bargain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...